What’s better than coming home to a meal that has been simmering away all day? Especially one that took about 3 minutes to throw together in the morning.
When I saw the recipe for Cranberry Pork Roast I knew I had to make it. I have a thing for pulled pork recipes. It’s one of my favorite meats to have as left overs too. Pulled pork is versatile, always delicious and oh so tender when made in a crockpot.
about 8 servings
- 2.5 lb pork loin, fat trimmed off
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sucanat
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large plastic zipper bag, put dry spices and cornstarch and add meat. Shake to coat. Put contents into your slow cooker.
- Mix together cranberries, sucanat, raisins, water and lemon juice. Pour on top of the pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for about 4. The longer you cook the meat, the more tender it will be. Shred the pork with 2 fork in the slow cooker once done.
Sweet Squash Boats
for 2 servings
- 1 delicata squash
- olive oil spray
- sea salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice squash length wise and remove all seeds and strings. Place on a baking sheet, flesh side up. Coat with olive oil and sprinkle on sea salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes, or until flesh is extremely tender.
Top your sweet squash boat with cranberry pulled pork and a side of delicious sweet and savory Brussels sprouts (recipe coming soon) and you’ve got a filling, comforting fall meal.